I've changed the fuel pump, fuel strainer, fuel filter, map sensor, coil pack, throttle position sensor, gave it a tune up! Nd my regal still shuts off on me when I give it gas it'll start but then cut rite off wat else can it be?

Asked by Dec 06, 2012 at 12:01 PM about the 1991 Buick Regal Custom Sedan FWD

I have a few questions for you in order to get a little more insight. Are you a great mechanic out of the box or a read a Haynes manual type or Google, You tube it mechanic? Or, on a scale of 1 to 10, where would you say your friends rate you when you work on their cars? If so..... Also, did you do all this work and replace all this equipment is one shot? I am not trying to be a wise guy, but each part you mentioned in your request for help can cause a problem all by itself, and about the only part that can be changed with much chance of a problem is an air filter, since you said you did a tune up. You may want to start in order and that would be from the fuel tank forward and in order of operations. Now for a really stupid ques. what does, "Nd my regal" mean?? I am 56 and don't know all the shortcut abbreviations people use or it might just mean NOW?? Did you use die electric grease on each and every electrical connection? Well, a little more info is a way to start and try and see what's going on, hope I can help but that is a lot of stuff for just a quick answer. First check the fuel filter and make sure the arrow on the filter is pointing towards the engine, simple mistake to make and did you inspect the filter completely before installation? I have always checked the fuel pump for good operation prior to installation because you don't want to go there again because of a faulty fuel pump, which does happen. Chances of a faulty fuel pump can be checked easy enough, but check the easiest thing first and that's making sure the fuel filter isn't backasswards, I have done it twice in my life, don't ask me how.

37,045

Also does it idle smoothly?