Bad gas milage, power, and idling

5

Asked by Mar 06, 2012 at 03:13 PM about the 1994 Buick Regal 2 Dr Gran Sport Coupe

My 94 regal is getting about 10mpg, has no power, and has trouble idling and likes to
stall sometimes. I replaced the MAF sensor, EGR valve, spark plugs and wires, and still
having the same problem. Anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

10

MAY BE HAVING CATILITIC CONVERTER ISSUE

825

yes i have a good idea what it can be ,,,, so do these steps and see if there right ,,, 1st disconnect the maf sensor while it is running and see if it changes it s running problem,,,if so its a defective maf,,,, if not step two 2) question is the car really hard to start at all times?,,, if so disconnect temperture sensor by thermostae ant see if it runs better now,, note this is while car is running when you disconnect it,,,,if so it does run better then its the temp sensor,,,,,Step three 3) and this is the one i think it will be FYI the front of the motor on the lower part of the engine ,, there is the crankshaft pully if you look st it closely wjile engine is off there is a crank sensor that gets its signal as the engine is turning what happens is the magnets on the sensor useally brakes or cracks so the possition of the crank doesnt know if it fires twice or once ao whatever the case is and also pay attention to the pully itself its actually like two pieces together as one so you can see that the rubber between them joing them together and if that rubber is bad or the two pieces have slipped out of sequeince then its firing the plugs at the wrong time ,,, this means you need a new pully and more then likely a new Crank sensor to.

Have you changed you fuel filter, should have been the very first thing and then move on to to the other not so obvious problems. I own a heavily modified 98 regal gs and have to tell you after reading this post it really made my day, got a good laugh. If you don't know were it is, look under your drivers side frame closer to the rear tire, try that then try all the other stuff, point A and to point Z, next could and hopefully not fuel pump. Good luck, ilregal