does anyone have a short cut for replacing heater core on 97 tahoe

yitsdaddy
0

Asked by Feb 07, 2013 at 04:46 PM about the 1997 Chevrolet Tahoe 4 Dr LT 4WD SUV

at the shop we'd chop away with shears, then duct tape. Sometimes you have to take shortcuts.

Bob's favorite answer is hammer, so beware

But if that does not work..bigger hammer

84,755

and that is another reason that I like to do my own work. Somebody was paying $80 a hour for them to duct tape heater cores into place.

If a job MUST BE DONE, and no help is available, you GET THE JOB done. period.

28,995

If you don't mind not having heat you can just pull the two hoses from the firewall, put a proper sized plug (I have used bolts quite a few times) into the rubber hoses and tighten down the hose clamps.

duh, connect the new to the old with a sleeve, breeze clamps connecting them, then simply pull----Brilliant!!

you know, was having a dickens of a time with the heater core on my Isuzu impulse, so the guy at the custom shop sold me stainless steel braided aircraft fuel hose....brilliant, this stuff is indestructable and perfect for the seeker of the indestructable----just a blast from the past. you can find the stuff at aircaft stores or custom shops~

hey, this whole business of duct tape was just for one gig, trying to get to the crank bolt as there was no room. I believe it was a crampt engine saturn, come to think of it. Damn those things always makin you buy special tools!

James Ramond
17,495

never did one ,sounds like a pain.think ide buy a few electrics plug them in and wait till summer time

not sure your 10-29 but even central California is almost freezing-

The answer is there is no shortcuts, do it right or get rid of the vehicle and buy something with a working heater or to just go along with the rest of the crazy answers, just put a reasonable sized barbeque grill on the passenger side floor board and you will stay nice and cozy, remember to NOT roll down any windows as the heat will get out and while I'm thinking running hose from the exhaust pipe to and through the window is some really great heater type heat, and once again keep this windows up as far as the tubing will allow, Your very welcome.

Almost freezing Bob? I live in central Calif, it is snowing right now, 24degrees, 2 weeks ago it got down to 8. Eight, no typo. But My house is well above 5,000 ft elevation

That's one tall house, bro, and didn't you like my heater suggestions?

Teenspeed burnt me good on a tranny question for a Pontiac, had to apologize, I hate Pontiacs

I am just hoping he is smart enough to not take you seriously, no offense yitsdaddy, I am sure you are not that dumb. Nobody is. Are they? Well, yeah, because I did that with the exhaust. In the garage. Good morning all

LOL, and good morning to you poor freezing guy, it's just wet as heck her in WA. And I do hope the person doesn't do what I suggested, however you hear on the news all the time about people who put the barbeque in the house for heat because the power is out and end up sleeping very soundly, nice and warm, but dead as a door nail, stupid and you Sir no hose in the garage, what we think then?

Guru approved my review of that new stinking Regal GS, it's not a Regal it's an Opel and I drove it and wrote a not so good review, same day I drove the new LaCrosse AWD, now that's a car. If you look at the European version of the Regal GS with the Opel Insignia, which has the larger engine and is AWD, same car since GM and Opel teamed up so what happened here in the US, I can't believe it, that car was junk and the end of the Regal, the real Regal era for sure. The one I drove was the FWD 6 speed manual, that was the only cool thing about it, but it looks pretty but no performance and the dealer wouldn't let me near the freeway as it's supposed to have a top speed of 140MPH, I call BS in Europe definitely, have to keep up on the Autobahn or you get a ticket, drove it back in the day. need a special drivers license just to drive on it. And another funny thing, if you get a ticket, it is based on income, so your doing 180 mph that means that's an expensive car, so bigger ticket. Should be that way here but the freeways are so bad it would be like a ticket for clean up costs to get you junk pile off the freeway.