Stopping seatbelt chime from going off.

230

Asked by Dec 27, 2008 at 01:35 PM about the 2007 Hyundai Accent GLS

I have a 2007 GLS Accent I was wondering if theres anyway you can stop the seat belt chime from going off when not wearing it? I have arthritis of both shoulders and find putting on the seat belt difficult.  Is there a fuse you can take out?

1,005

if you're saying you want to drive around without your seatbelt on... I'd reccomend looking into something for the arthritis and using the seatbelt properly, rather than looking for a way to bypass the seatbelt and risking going through the windsheild.

320

put the seatbelt around the back of the seat and plug it in and never unplug it. thats what i do.

95

I want to wear my seat belt, just that I like to keep my hearing intact in the process. Kill the buzzer or change it to music. My two other autos has lights not buzzers. Hyundai did this completely without any thought of the driver and owners. What were they thinking? I will figure out how to quit the buzzer or at least soften the noise. At least they should allow the driver to control the sounds in their enclosed autos. hate it.

7,375

basically ALL new vehicles have that now. they did it with safety thoughts for their customers. not so their customers can look "cool" by not wearing their seatbelts.

80

Okay, seriously people, flaming him is not going to do any good. But some advice for stopping the chime, on the other hand, will. Here's what to do: pull off the plastic surround around the stereo head unit (use a flathead screw driver to pry if it doesn't come off easily), making sure to unplug the hazard light plug, the clock plug, the airbag light plug, and the defroster plug. then, unscrew the mount for the head unit, and unplug it. to the right, back in, is the chime for the car. unplug this. you will never have chime problems again. plug in and tighten the screws to the head unit, then plug in all the plugs to the plastic surround, and press the surround back in to place. done.

40

why Hyundai in the first place ha ha

145

I cut the wire that goes under the seat into the seat belt, you might be able to just disconnect a wire under the seat too

20

Its pretty easy actually. Simply disconnect the wire leading from the seatbelt to the underside of the seat. Its a clip that unplugs

185

Here you go guy, here's what you want. http://www.amazon.com/Seat-Belt-Alarm-Stop- Seatbelt/dp/B003JVKOE4 I hope your arthritis gets better!

20

My hyundai accent 2013 beep each time raises 60,80 and 100 Km/h. How do I turn off this annoyance beep ?