my slk is all black. how can i restore the paint to its original condition? (just like when i first bought it)

Asked by Jun 03, 2008 at 10:19 PM about the 2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK 350

the marks and scratches of washing the car are visible and it looks a little opaque.

3,165

1 year and the paint is already damaged? what are you washing it with? Any good detailing shop should be able to get all the smaller stuff out. A good wax job might do it, or you may need to have it clay bared, and waxed.

2,150

paint the freakin thing...

5

you need to cut back paint. Cut & polish. Every time you do this you strip away the black, so dont' do it often. Take care of black paint with a light wipe everyday. Dont let grime build up. Then suggest product permagard. visit www.permagard.com.au

65

Use a good Polish like Autoglym, Make sure you give the car a good rinse before washing it to remove any grit etc that might cause scratches, then wash with a good car shampoo like Autoglym, chamois down and then prepare to wax. Autoglym make a couple of good products for this problem. One is Paint Renovator, the other is 'Super Resin Polish'. If you can get hold of a good bodyshop cutting/finishing solution like '3M Finishing Liquid' although this normally costa around £25, this will remove the majority of the black road film which builds up over time, this is normally more noticeable on white cars, they tend to go very dull. Ive found in the past that the 'Super Resin Polish' works better on non metallic paint. Give it a try using a damp non lint cloth to apply. Try applying to a panel at a time a work well in circular motion, you should see the dirt come off the car onto the cloth. Never wipe a black car without rinsing it first, or else you will end up with the cliche circular scratches that you see on most black and dark coloured cars.

5

I'm about to have mine touched up and hand clear coated ~ really works. I drive a little fast and have pits on the hood from small rocks or something. My paint guy is a genius!