KEY FOB MESSAGE SAYING NO KEY DETECTED

Asked by Jun 13, 2016 at 09:06 PM about the 2007 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL 550

CLS 550 CAN'T GET THE CAR TO START WITH
THE FOB OR KEYLESS REMOTE. .IVE TIRED TO
CHANGE THE KEY AND GOT NEW
BATTERIES..ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO WHATS
WRONG?

13,345

Step 1. try your other(spare) KEY. If it fails the FOB needs reprogramming. Does it unlock the doors? NEXT, there is a separate battery for the starter located under the hood on the passenger side rear of the engine compartment. You need to have that battery tested or try jumpstarting the car from that battery. The battery in the trunk powers everything else in the vehicle except for the starter. Regards

35

If your vehicle is saying no key detected, if you have not changed the remote battery, replace the battery. If that does not work. You might have a issue with the keyless go system or your EIS ( electronic ignition switch) For sure try what Auto Centric recommends to check the starter battery but i dont think a starter battery will give you a No Key Detected message. If remote key battery does not work. I would try another remote key and if that does not work. Tow to your local Mercedes repair center.

I HAVE A DATE SET FOR THE MERCEDES TO SEE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS BUT THATS GOING TO COST $200 JUST TO TELL ME WHATS WRONG. i WAS TRYING TO SEE IF I COULD FIGURE IT OUT FIRST BEFORE I GOT TO THAT POINT. I HAVE TRIED TO UNHOOK THE BATTERY, CHECKING THE BATTERY..NOTHING.. ITS NO POWER COMING ON AND THE REMOTE WONT EVEN UNLOCK THE CAR. AND WHEN I CHANGED BATTERIES STILL NOTHING. IT WONT EVEN TURN OVER IN THE IGNITION. IT WILL JUST KEEP POPING UP NO KEY DETECTED. SO YOU THINK IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE STARTER?

I have also tried giving it a jump changing keys and changing batteries after getting it tested. Had no problem one day and the next just wont even start up. cant even get my windows or radio to get power

13,345

It's the vehicle immobilizer anti theft system is NOT communicating with the RFID key. Without plugging into your vehicles CAN-BUS I can only guess a module has stopped functioning causing an issue on the K or L line effectively stopping communication. BUT based on '07 age I think a very through inspection of all cabling grounds / earth terminations clean tight not corroded etc..is a good effort before the Dealer. It's what they will do first. Clue," cant even get my windows or radio to get power "

OKAY THANK YOU SO MUCH..