Spark Plug Replacement on 2007 C230 Sport (V6 2.5L)
Are there any tips or key pieces of information I should know about when
replacing the spark plugs on my 2007 C230 Sport (V6 2.5L)?
I want to make sure it's as simple as it appears and there are no snafus
involved in the process that could lead to other issues.
Process as I understand it (correct me if I'm wrong):
1. Remove Air Intake cover that holds the air filters.
2. Locate spark plug.
3. Detach electrical lead to the spark plug assembly
4. Remove screws holding spark plug assembly in place.
5. Lift out the spark plug actuator/module assembly
6. Using a 5/8" socket with a 6" extension, loosen and remove spark plug
7. Replace old spark plug with OEM spark plug, by hand tightening via 5/8"
socket w/ 6" extension.
8. Re-insert spark plug actuator/module until it is seated flush with the
mounting screw holes.
9. Re-insert screws and hand tighten
10. Re-attach electrical lead
(Repeat Steps 2-10 five more times and reattach Air Intake cover)
Did I leave anything out?
Use some anti-seize on the spark plug threads.
Will do. Thanks for the tip!
Before installing the new plugs make sure that the gap at the tip is set to the correct dimension. If it is supposed to be 0.030", measure it with a feeler gauge of this thickness by inserting the gauge between the two electrodes. Otherwise you sound like you have the right process. Just be careful to avoid breaking one of the old ones off when removing it. If it is too tight with your wrench, spray it with a penetrant like WD-40 and let it sit overnight before removing it.
Looking for a Used C-Class in your area?
CarGurus has 30,565 nationwide C-Class listings starting at $1,000.
Search Mercedes-Benz C-Class Questions
Mercedes-Benz C-Class Experts