why will my car mot start

7,785

Asked by Dec 25, 2014 at 07:27 PM about the 1997 Chevrolet Malibu LS

my car will not start i hear a small click under the dash but the battery is not dead and power is going somewhere everything works except the starter the dash lights all work but no crank i was trying to fix a leak and now it wont start i want to get this out of the garage to start another car project please help

111,165

Double check battery voltage and all battery connections. All because the lights work does not mean the battery is strong enough to turn the starter.

24,915

#1 double check all your work around and near where you where fixing the leak ( loose wires, connectors, ect.) . # 2 I would check all the fuses and relays that have anything to do with starter or ignition.

Best Answer
7,785

the leak is a power sterrin leak the battery has a computerized charger on it and it says it is fully charged and it started earlier andd i havent messed with any wiring exept to scan it with my OBD scanner also whenever i turn the key to on the doors lock every time like something is getting programed

65,755

Crumbob,sound,s like the ignition switch to me.

7,785

I found the problem and havvnt fixed it but it was the starter disable harness under the dash and I got it started by bypassing the relay until I get that fixed I still haven't fixed the wipers and the headlights and the locks

I have 2005 cadillac srx In the cold weather it want start. i turn key and it sounds like it going to start but then doesn't. What can it be?