I have no sound, from the radio, the turn signals, the door chimes or the lights left on sounds

20

Asked by Apr 23, 2015 at 04:10 PM about the 2007 GMC Acadia SLT-1

I had funny cracklings sounds at first then it all stopped, I've checked the radio and the amp fuse still nothing, but I can hear the music from the headphones what does this sound like and how much are we talking

7,735

The radio may have an internal fault but all of these components are controlled through the body control module.

20

do you have any idea of the best place to get this fixed and the price, also would replacing the deck resolve this, thanks for your answer

7,735

Call around to different shops for an estimate, but the dealer can pinpoint it without second guessing it, have them do a check and advise then get a quote from them.

50

I had the same issue in my 07 Acadia. Sound would go out occasionally but always came back after a short period of time. Usually same day. It has been off almost all day. I found out the amplifier was possibly burned out due to water leaks that come through the accessory wiring found near the door hinges. You can remove those easily. Shake them and if water comes out, that's your problem. I took a vacuum nozzle and suctioned as much water from each of the 4 doors as I could. After about an hour, sound came back. I also ordered a back up amplifier from e-bay for 20.00 just in case it ever goes out completely. Costs about $800 to have the dealer fix but it doesn't look too complicated from the YouTube video I watched.

60

I own a used car lot and have bought many Acadia and this seems to be a very common problem, you can find a Bose amplifier on amazon for like 245 part # 25796753. You can change it out with some patience it is located under the steering column, it is just 3 screws but they take some patience to take out

40

I have a 2009 Saturn Outlook XR (their version of the Acadia) with about 115K miles and just had the same problem happen to me....at first, crackles....radio went off....back on after a little while...then out again...no click heard from the turn signals either. Fuses are fine. I had read on here about water being in the accessory wiring found near the door hinges and sure enough, 3 of the 4 had quite a bit of water in them. I drained them out but didn't vacuum them out and left them disconnected with all 4 doors left wide open all day on a sunny day but nothing was fixed after that. I doubt vacuuming them will solve the problem but I guess I'll try it. As many people seem to have this issue this sure should be a recall by GM IMO.

20

I finally found the solution to getting my sound to come back. Open the doors and look for a little black box (Wiring Harness) Unplug each one and shake the water out of them and let them dry really good. Each door will have one. I am not sure what the permanent solution is but this is the only way to get your speakers working and is very common in an Acadia. Hope this helps.

40

I appreciate your response however I had already read and tried that. Indeed, 3 of my 4 wiring harnesses DID in fact have water in them however even after draining them and leaving them unplugged and all 4 doors wide open all day on a warm, sunny, dry day I still have the same issue so I'm betting my amplifier is blown after reading several other blogs on this.

10

My 2007 GMC Denali battery was replaced. My stereo only plays out the driver speakers. Back up video has no sound and my turn signals lost sound. Gmc dealer wants $150 for appt. Just to diagnose. Any suggestions?