Audi Q7 Check Engin Light

130

Asked by Oct 02, 2014 at 10:17 AM about the 2007 Audi Q7 3.6 Quattro Premium

My audi Q7 check engine light started to come on at around 90-95k. First it was
intermittent and now it has stayed. Initially dealer replaced gas cap .. Now my other
service guy has stated - Error P0018 Sensor A and B but now its just A.. Took it to my
dads buddy for second opinion . He says he can't due it and long process to remove
the engine and change the Timing Chain? Been reading online that it could be the
Sensors and they are located in the front and easy to replace? Can someone please
confirm or if you have had a similar issue? I have been driving it and currently has
109,000 miles on it. There is a slight delay in starting the car at times especially when
its cold.

9,875

This is most likely a timing belt issue stop driving it because if the belt has already jumped a slot you could be damaging the valves and pistons. Get the timing belt replaced along with all the pulleys and hardware. Usually you can replace the thermostat and water pump at the same time DO IT. An Audi engine is always due to be changed for the timing belt at 90k NEVER EVER MISS THIS DEADLINE FOR YOUR AUDI! AS for replacing the timing belt every Audi is built with a service position its time consuming but i can dismantle the front of my Audi properly and resemble in 2 hrs time. I am providing a picture that shows the service postion of the q7 for you. i also recamend you do this repair at your local audi dealer. Get your parts else ware if you want to take a risk on cheap parts to keep the cost down, but you are guaranteed to be dishing out up to 1400$ at the dealer if you buy and service all genuine parts. and Audi will have the car out with in a days time and done properly. NEVER EVER TRUST YOUR AVERAGE JOE BLOW MECHANIC WITH THIS TYPE OF JOB unless they have a worked as an Audi mechanic or are licensed for Audi jobs. ENGINE REMOVAL IS NOT NESSECARY!.

9,875

http://www.blauparts.com/ is the best website for timing belt kits and are based in the states. I warn you shipping across the boarder to Canada they put the charges on you! so if your in the states get your parts here and get it serviced at the local audi dealer. Also have them check the cam position sensors and you may need to have the valves checked for damage

130

Hi Deathjam .. Thanks for the reply. I have had all the service per the mileage requirements & did the 90K at 96-98k. Should it have been replaced at that time? Come to think of it the light issue started after that service. I will follow up and request the print out from the Audi dealer for that service. It was done just last year.

130

The site does not have the 3.6 Timing belt kit available .. Please let me know if you know of any other web sites.

9,875

when you say you had the 90k service done at 96-98 i take it you just kinda brought it in and told um to work on it ? but yes timing belt is supposed to be done every 90k cause its life time is coming to a close around then. best get that print out and let me know what had gotten replaced at the time. while your there have your cam position sensors checked as well as the timing checked for your engine. if your lucky its just a couple of bad wires or sensors. while it was in for service and it started happening after the work was done it should a been back in the shop to have been taken a look at cause some mechanic may have left something unplugged or not seated correctly.

9,875

I did not relize the 3.6 did not have belts looks like its all chain driven. which gives it all the more reason to have it slip a link and throw the timing. As i stated before jsut have the sensors and timing checked while your at the dealer.

My check engine light went on a few weeks ago and I thought it was simply due to the oil change that it needed or something else small. This past Thursday I had the the oil changed by a decent mechanic who let me know that vacuum hose had a leak in it and get it replaced. I made an appt with the Audi dealer for their next earliest appt on Friday morning, as I wanted to get it taken care of properly and make sure the check engine light wasn't something else more serious. IT WAS. My timing belt went out the night before the appt and now I am told the engine has to be replaced - $13,000 with labor. DO NOT WAIT when that check engine light goes off and bring it to the Audi dealer immediately. A very difficult lesson and a costly one for me. I have 160,000 miles on this Q7 and am looking at now having to get another car. Unless someone can recommend that I look into getting the engine replaced that will enable my car to last another 50,000 miles. Any recommendations?

9,875

my recamendation is get anouther car. Vw and audis always need to have the timing belt done around 90k missing this intervul what happened to you happens.