Colling fluid light/Leak

Asked by Feb 10, 2013 at 12:33 PM about the 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 Coupe FWD

I am not filling it to the top.  I am filling it to the cold level.  And when I am running the car the fluid light remains on, and I do not see any leaks.  It is only when the car sits overnight that the leakage occurs.  The coolant leak is behind the engine closest to the resevoir.  Hoses appear to be ok.  I guess the biggest puzzle to me is why the fluid light remains on even though the fluid level is ok.

108,945

The coolant reservoir takes the thermal expansion into account with clear marking that show the hot and cold levels. -- Park the car on ramps for the night, slip a piece of cardboard under it and check for the leak in the morning. ---- The fluid light staying on is a common problem with the GM's. The float in the reservoir sticks. Get it a rap with a screwdriver handle. Find the leak first then worry about the bottle.

if the system has been emptied, the heater core will be air-bound and will need to be belched. some have a shroeder valve, some expect you to undo the clamps to let air out, at any rate the motors got to be up to operating temperature with the thermostat open,,,to do-

I have a leak on a 1994 chevy caviler 3.1L behind the motor. The too hose broke at the firewall... I can't get the tube out of firewall. Is it connected to anything behind the firewall?

Or how do you remove the L tube from the firewall