What is wrong with my vehicle?

Asked by Aug 21, 2015 at 09:34 PM about the 2007 Jeep Commander Limited

I was driving my jeep commander down the road, I came to a stop sign, when i tried to
take off the vehicle went about a foot then would not go any further. I put it in reverse
and it still would not go. I had to shut it off and turn it back on for it to work again. The
engine light is now on also. I have had it in cruise control twice before (on another
occasion) and my vehicle just lost speed and I had to pull over and shut the vehicle off
and start it up again. There is a recall on the Electrical System: Ignition Switch. My
husband was driving the vehicle and barely hit the Key and the vehicle lost
acceleration, we had to stop and shut the vehicle off and turn it on and it was fine. My
vehicle is an all wheel drive vehicle.

Were you able to figure out what caused this problem? My jeep commander just did the same exact thing!

10

Dealer told me to give them $1300 for a Power Distribution Center Compute and the Front Control Module to solve all kinds of problems w/ my 2007 Commander. Driving, it goes limp, creeps @ about 20 MPH, got it home, shut down/restart. works. Driving on free-way, all dash lights come on, flashers won't turn off when get it at home, re-set by disconnecting battery cables, o.k. This is "after" the ignition switch recall was performed. what gives?

I have a 2010 jeep commander with Hemi engine to resolve this problem, I do a throttle calibration. I do not know if this works on other engines. This a a fly by wire system (no cables).Throttle calibration can substantially improve throttle responsiveness over "factory standard." Many people notice what appears to be sluggish throttle response or a "dead area" at initial accelerator depression. Throttle calibration can take care of these. 1) Insert ignition key and turn to "ON" (not start). 2) Wait for all idiot lights to go out. Check Engine Light may remain on. 3) Slowly depress the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor. 4) Slowly release the accelerator pedal until it's all the way back up. 5) Turn the ignition key to "OFF". 6) Start the engine. Most drivers notice an immediate change in throttle response, but depending on your driving style, you may need to repeat this procedure periodically due to the computer's adaptive programming. You likely need to repeat this procedure any time the battery is disconnected.