07 ford Mustang shake

20

Asked by Jan 16, 2016 at 07:55 AM about the 2007 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe

I have two questions first my car has started
shaking bad when the cooling fan turns on just for
a second when the fan is turning on than goes
back to normal but my car ideas funny all the time.
And I can smell antifreeze after running it bad
other people have made comments about how
strong it is but it's not leaking from what I can tell

246,815

The fan might be faulty putting drag on your engine, making the idle go up and down when it is on. With the engine off, try spinning the fan by hand and see if there is any resistance. With the coolant smell, you definitely have a leak. Open the hood after you run it "bad" and see if you can tell where the leak is coming from. If you can't you can do a cooling pressure test to see where exactly it is coming from. Might be from the radiator, a hose, or the water pump itself (weep hole on the bottom of the shaft) the bearing can fail and then it will leak, this might also be a contributing factor to your idle as well.

35

I'm assuming the cooling fan you're refering to is the engine coolant radiator fan and not the a/c cooling fan. I can't imagine the radiator fan would pull enough load to cause the car to shake, but anything is possible. Those fan motors are considerablely small and I just can't see it causing the issue you're having. Newer cars like your '07 have a 12v motor and don't run off the engine. The shaking could also be when your a/c compressor is kicking on, and due to the head pressure on the compressor. When the compressor starts pumping the refrigerant, it levels out because the pressure on the evap side is far less than when it first kicked on. If this is when the shaking occurs, I suggest having it checked out by someone who's known for doing car a/c repairs. The compressor could be is the reason for the shaking. I agree with the answer Tom gave about smelling coolant. That would indicate a leak of antifreeze coming from somewhere. Question: "is the engine temp runing normal, or a little high?" Also, "is coolant fluid level okay?"