My must just completely died on me. There wad no
clicling sound no nothing just dead. What
happened was that i went in a shop for like 15
mins and when i came back and put the key in the
ignition all the lights did turn on like they usually do
but when i turned the key it made a weird sound i
turned the key a couple of times it made the same
sound and then it was completely dead no lights
no nothing just plain dead. This had happened to
me before so i kind of knew how to get the car
started. What i did was i brought a jump cable
conected one of the two wires to the red terminal
of the battery and as soon as i conected the other
wire to the black terminal it sparked and the car
lightd in the car lit up and i took the jump cable off
of the battery and the car started normally.
Note : i did not connect the other end of the jump
cable to anything i had the other end in my hand
and i had made sure that they are not touching
Although my carvis working perfectly now butvi
would like to know what caused this problem as it
had happend before only once probably a month
Sorry about the typos i don't have my auto correct on.
Sounds like a bad battery cable connection. Can you move the battery cables by hand? If so, they're loose. Remove and clean them really good. Preferably with a wire brush. Then put Vaseline on the cables and battery terminals to prevent corrosion. Tighten the battery cables down good and you should be all set. If the battery cable connectors are worn and won't tighten down you can get replacements at your local auto parts store. Don't worry about the typos either. A lot of us have computers that can't spell. Haha HTH. -Jim
do agree with Js, its only the battery/cable connection, remove and clean-and replacements if necessary
Thanks a bunch guys!!!
You're welcome. Glad to help. Thank you for the best answer click! -Jim
You are welcome Jim.
Looking for a Used Mustang in your area?
CarGurus has 36,468 nationwide Mustang listings starting at $1,500.
Search Ford Mustang Questions
Ford Mustang Experts