drum to disk conversion.

155

Asked by Sep 09, 2012 at 11:26 PM about the 1997 Chevrolet Camaro RS

Ok I have a 97. Formula firebird I believe with disk brakes rear. My car is a 97rs camaro v6 with drum rearwill they
interchange without a lot of mods? Have both cars complete so if there are parts needed to swap I need to know
what to jack from the formula.

155

Sorry if there is a archive post somewhere didn't have time to search.

241,805

Check out this site and the guys will be able to help you with specifics. http://www.camarozone.com/forum/f15/

975

they should hook up fine, they offered the disk brake conversion on both f-bodies and the rear ends r interchangeable as long as neither of them have traction control....the traction control had two different brake hose connector sizes neither of which r interchangeable

155

Actually I was wrong... The disk rear end is in a 2000 formula firebird... How can I tell if it had traction control. And the coils on front and rear of v8 car would be stiffer than v6 springs right?.

155

Have another question for a buddy. He bought a 97 ws6 no engine and then he traded a ls1 for a lt1 out of a caprice it looks to me like he is going to have motor mount issues.... Anyone have pic of lt1 mounts for a 97 ta? Or can you tell me if they are same as caprice

975

hm, well the disks were just a tad bigger in 2000, but i dont think big enough to give u clearance problems....but in 99 was a pretty big change to limited slip diff's and such, so the 2000 u have probably has traction control....if ur on loose turf or ur trying to spin the tires, does it let u? i mean idk how good the system worked back then, but it should be hard/impossible to get the tires spinning (if the car isnt runnig let me know, ill try and explain it by looking under the car)....as far as ur buddies motor mounts, they used to have lt1's in t/a's and as far as i know any lt1 should bolt where a 350 used to be.....but y is he taking out the far superior ls1?......also just remembered, yes the v8 springs r stiffer, BUT if ur looking into lowering ur car any, get the v6 springs and chop of a coil or so and they will be stiffer than uncut v8 springs

155

Okay to my question the Firebird hasn't run and he can't remember if it had traction control so how can I tell by looking I'm not going for performance just looks as for hi as for his proble thdeviate s abilene Texas Thank thinks drainage system means put a now for his problem it appears the fram now for his problem it appears the frame mounts are straight acros and it appears that the m als 1 Mount is a big perch mount and the other mount is like a bracket I'm going I will try to tak of both really and I'm thanks already for what you've give thanks already for what you've given me and hope you can answe and hope you can answer more you guys are awesom