I had changed my spark plugs on cylinders 135 about a week ago n today I changed plugs on 246 cylinders n I unplugged the sensor on the exhaust header thing in the back put everything back together n now my car is running like a miss fire I have no idea what coulda went wrong I need help ASAP please

30

Asked by Mar 31, 2013 at 01:26 PM about the 2000 Buick Park Avenue FWD

is there a possibility that you've switched two wires? either one with three? or such~

102,755

Sounds like switched wires to me too Judge.

see, in the old days when we still had a distributor you could easily see the firing order...now with the coil packs have to test to find this out~

does 2000 still have a distributor?

30

No it has coil packs also the firing order is correct I did each plug at a time so I didn't end up cris crossing them

30

No it has coil packs also the firing order is correct I did each phlug at a time so I didn't end up cris crossing them

30

Car run ok just when I'm at a stop light or such the ideal gets kinda rough n motor start jumping kinda like it wants to die

153624 still is the firing order, not too intuitive...if you got it wrong, that can happen take a step back and re-evaluate~

could you have knocked the PVC out of whack?

a goofy one way filthy street for exhaust fumes to leave the crankcase and get sucked into the intake plenum~ knockin' this bad boy off of there or unseating it will have this exact effect, the one that you describe~

Positive Crankcase Ventillation, sorry I dyslexized to PVC which is wrong ...yes pcv! elbow comes out of the top of the valve cover and sneaks it's way into the intake manifold, should be able to rattle it, like a baby's rattle or it's bunged up and needs to be replaced.~

You were in there. You did the job properly, just one of these smog components got dislodged....the PCV valve, the elbow into the intake plenum coming out of the valve cover----easy to not even be lookin' there....please assure the PCV is in place yet and operates normally-

160

Maybe you broke plug end on one wire,maybe cracked plug too.

160

Pop hood an dark to see any bad wires.

you may have a bad egr valve. that will make itidle rough and almost stall

30

The car ran perfect right b4 I did the plugs tho so I don't see how how nething went bad during the process of my changing out the plugs

30

I take care of my car really well but this kinda stuff just blows my mind

my park ave was running great one day and next day ran like crap! i pulled the codes and found out the egr went bad, replaced it and it runs like a champ again!

Yay -wallyn67!!

the signal to the EGR, or the valve itself was clobbered up? or the thing what gives the signal...loose butyl rubber vac line?

the valve it self was bad, mine is all electronic ,no vac:

Yay!