Is there a good way to bypass a 22153656 ride control sensor (height sensor).

15

Asked by Apr 16, 2013 at 09:17 PM about the 2001 Buick Park Avenue Base

The ride control sensor on my 2001 park avenue sucked some water and is no longer working. It's toast.  I connected a jumper to the relay ground wire (yellow wire) coming out of the sensor and am grounding it when I need to jack up the shocks but this is a temporary solution at best.  The sensor is no longer available.  Is there another ride control sensor that I could modify to work in my car?  What are my options?  Help!

97,175

You can cobble any height control sensor to work. You know from your jumper that all it has to do it put the wire to ground when the car has to raise. It should stay up for a couple of days unless you ride height system is leaking air. --- You could skip the auto function and put a push button on the dash to raise it manually.

Best Answer

don't bypass, pick up a new one, they're cheap~>>>>http://parts.nalleygmc.com/products/Buick/Park- Avenue/LINK-Air-Suspension-Height-Sensor/3013640/25604758.html

15

judge_roy, I don't need the link. I need the sensor that is no longer made so I can't buy one for $32.95. The sensors sell for about $325 if you can even find one. ten_speed, I like the idea, can you suggest a good sensor to start with so I don't end up buying three? Have you ever done this?