The Park Avenue will not start

DJsParkAve
0

Asked by Dec 06, 2012 at 03:36 PM about the 2002 Buick Park Avenue Base

When I turn the key on, everything comes up fully, but when I move it to "start" the whole thing goes dead.  When I release the key, it stays dead for a count of three and then comes back to life again. The battery is good, the connections are good.  Is there a relay in the fuse block that relates to starting?  Could the relay be bad?

29,575

Ignition switch could be going bad, saw the exact same thing happen on an 01 regal. It needs to be tested by a compitent mechanic.