I have a 2003 Buick park avenue and the turn signal does not work

Asked by Aug 26, 2015 at 09:49 AM about the 2003 Buick Park Avenue Base

The turn signal does not work when turning left. It does work turning right and the
hazard lights work also. All the fuses and bulbs are good and I have a feeling it is
the turn signal switch. Sometimes you can get the left turn signal to work if you
gently lift the switch like you were going to turn right. Am I on the right track and
how difficult is it to change?

72,295

Sounds like you are if you are able to get it to work at the blinker switch lever, Ya there is a little finesse in replacing or to get to it to check it out, you have to pull the steering wheel and work your way down to the switch. It is easy to screw-up something if you are unfamiliar...

Yeah i don't think it will be a problem changing it I've tore the steering column apart in my truck before I just wanted to make sure I was on the right track before I jumped into it. Do you think getting one out of a salvage yard will work because I can't believe how expensive they are.

72,295

Well I think so, not sure if you have to buy the hole steering column, junk yards were I am at do not like to tear things like that apart just for the blinker switch, they want to sell you the hole unit. If you can, tear down to the switch try to see if it is broke anywhere, usually you can see something wrong, but the car will be laid up longer doing this way.