Transponder Key Disabled Ignition

20

Asked by Aug 17, 2015 at 11:58 AM about the 2003 Buick Park Avenue Base

I purchased a transponder ignition key and had it cut at a locksmith. The key disabled my ignition when I tried to program it and no other key would start the car. I called a tow truck and a few hours later he did something and was able to start the car. A day later I tried one more time to program the key and it again disabled the car. It has been over a day and I can't start the car which is now in my driveway. Is there something I can do to reset the security system?

222,925

How are you programing the key yourself? http://www.programautokeys.com/classified/DisplayAd.asp?id=178

20

When I say program, all I am doing is putting in an older working key, turning the key to the on position, removing the key and then less than 15 seconds later inserting the new, transponder key, turning it to the on position and removing it. It is the procedure written for transponder keys but somehow the transponder key disabled the vehicle. I did this a total of two times.

20

FIXED IT!!! I actually found the answer from doing a Google search when someone had the same issue as me. I turned the key to the on position, I switch from Park to Neutral and then back to Park. The door unlocked for some reason while doing this. Then I just cranked the key all the way to the right and the engine started. For some reason this reset the security which had disabled the starter and the fuel system on GM cars.