Steering wheel buttons are not lit and half the heating buttons are not lit???

5

Asked by Apr 06, 2015 at 09:36 PM about the 2004 Buick Park Avenue Base

I just noticed that the buttons on the steering wheel are no longer lit.  And the right half of the heating console buttons are not lit?  How can something be half lit and the steering wheel lights all stop at the same time.  They both have nothing to do with each other??

83,145

Chances are the lamps are burned out, got the same problem on my GMC, got the bulbs from what left of our local radio shack store, now all I have to do is find the time to do the job.

5

I thought about that but for ALL the bulbs on the steering wheel and exactly half the bulbs on the heating control console to go bad at the same time doesn't seem to make sense. Not that it can't happen, but is VERY unlikely. Thanks though.

83,145

Forgot to tell you that mine was caused by a weak battery, that caused the alternator to switch to full field the instant the engine caught. I went with a Optima battery. You could have a bad ground to the dash and steering column but that would cause problems with the gauges and the switches in the steering wheel. Might have your battery load tested.

30

The steering wheel buttons are backlit with incadescent bulbs. Depending on car use, they are burned out. I believe yes everything burned out about same time. If it was a fuse, you'd have more lamps out. Sad part is, the wheel controls are obsolete. They were service as a complete unit. I would live with the wheel lutes out. Do you really want to go into the wheel disturbing the air bag. The airbag is more valuable then the lights. As to the heater control backlights, they can be easily replaced with 194