CAN'T OPEN MY TRUNK.

Asked by Dec 27, 2014 at 02:46 PM about the 2005 Buick Park Avenue FWD

I HAVE A 2005 BUICK PARK AVE WHICH WAS PURCHASED THROUGH A SMALL DEALERSHIP. MY BATTERY OPERATED TRUNK, DOOR LOCK, AND ALARM WENT DEAD. I TRIED INSERTING THE MAIN KEY IN THE TRUNK AND TURNED IT, BUT IT STILL WOULDN'T OPEN. WHAT CAN I DO TO OPEN IT? I NOTICED A TRUNK DEVICE WHICH HAS A KIND OF KEY INSERTION DEVICE UNDER THE DASH, BUT I DON'T KNOW IF THE ALARM WOULD GO OFF IF I TRIED IT. THERE WAS NO INSTRUCTION MANUAL WITH THE CAR WHEN I PURCHASED IT. CAN ANYONE HELP?

116,005

http://justgivemethedamnmanual.com/buick/buick-park-avenue-owners- manuals/ -- here is you a access to a free on line manual

71,675

If the key will unlock the doors and start the car but won't open the trunk or other storage compartments you have the valet key. Stamped on the original equipment key should be the letter "M". For main key that opens everything. Go to your local Buick dealer with your driver's license and vehicle registration, for proof of ownership. They'll be able to get your key codes using your vehicle identification number and make you a new key. Now, once you get the new key you must program it to the car. Start the car with the old key then shut it off. Remove the old key, insert the new key and turn on the ignition but do not try to start the engine. Wait for the security light on the dash to go out. Now turn off the ignition and then start the engine with the new key. You'll be all set. HTH. -Jim

7,965

the trunk release in the dash will work without any alarm going off. use it, it is ok.