97 blazer won't start

Asked by Apr 01, 2016 at 01:26 PM about the 1997 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4-Door 4WD

My 97 blazer won't start unless I jump it with another car

22,230

Sounds like you need a new battery.

Had battery tested and was told it was good. Tried unplugging the battery over night and it still would not start

22,230

If I was you I would purchase a new battery or if you have another vehicle with the same battery hook up as the one in the vehicle now exchange it and let it sit over night and try again. If you have to buy a new battery and the vehicle does the same thing after sitting all night you can take it back but I still think it is the battery.

22,230

Also try removing and cleaning battery terminals

My othe cars aren't the same but I'll try replacing the battery

Not the battery. Replaced it and still having the same problem. Now if the car sits for more than an hour or so it needs to be jumped. UGH!!!!

22,230

When you connect the positive battery terminal after the negative terminal is connected do you get a spark from positive terminal ? Try this test remove positive terminal and slightly drag terminal over battery post if you get a spark you have a battery draw some where like a glove compartment light is staying on or a short in a electrical part etc. Founding a electrical short is very hard. Also have the alternator tested to make sure it is changing correctly.

Had alt tested when I got new battery. Tested good. Starter also tested ok. I'll look for the short tonight.

Do you think it could be a fuel issue? I hear pump coming on but I don't know how old filter is. Tank,sending unit,and pump are about a year old

22,230

If it was a fuel problem would not start even if you would give it a jump.

22,230

Would not hurt to change fuel filter since it has not been changed in awhile. It maybe your problem