What would cause Chevy blazer to take off from stop sign sluggishly and not pick up speed until the RPMs get to 3000 rite before a hard shift and going down highway pick up speed slower than normal?

10

Asked by Jun 18, 2014 at 01:36 PM about the 1997 Chevrolet Blazer 4 Door LT 4WD

Bought Chevy blazer replaced o2
sensors,fuel regulator,plugs and plug
wires and it still having acceleration
and take off trouble

10

This is a bullshit site to find help when need it now

61,415

We are volenteer,s here we answer what we can when we can,now to your problem,check fuel filter and fuel pump,sound,s like low fuel pressure.

17,345

do you have any codes? that will help narrow it down. You can't expect an answer within an hour of posting. Be patient

12,165

Could it be a transmission problem? Sound like it is not down shifting to the lower gears. Why would you replace all what you have replaced? Is there a reason or are you guessing and throwing money away hoping to find and solution to your problem? It could be fuel starvation. Have the fuel system checked for pressure. Fuel filters clear and clean? Gas tank clean and not causing flow issues or is the fuel pump doing it's designed job? There are many reasons for your issue that changing the spark plugs will not solve. Sometimes you gotsta bite the bullet and take it into a GOOD garage mechanic and see if there are any codes popping up and do the fuel pressure testing and electrical testing. It could be clogged cats, or something simple like a sensor bad or sensor wire lose of off. This really is not a BS site, it is people trying to offer suggestions based on past experience and/or knowledge. We don't get money for this, we just are car buffs that try to help others with the issues they are experiencing.

10

Wow there really are people on here I thought it was line of crap. My apologie and no I didn't replace what I replaced hoping it would fix the problem. The blazer dumped gas in number five cylinder fixed that with be fuel reg and plugs. I finally gotsmart and checked fuel filter it was a bit clogged but after changing it the blazer is still being sluggish. I know the transmission had small leak on main seal so I fixed it and ran stop leak through it. The wiring is good I haven't checks the cad. Yet it breather so wish me luck. And thank you guys

12,165

:-)

I'm having some similar problems with my 2000 zr2 blazer. I put a new fuel tank in it, fuel pump looks fine, and new fuel filter about 3 months ago. When going up a hill, I'll reach about 45 mph and 3000 rpms and stays steady at that. I thought it might be a fuel issue but could it be a transmission problem? Any help would be much appreciated.

12,165

Have the engine control module checked. It is not giving the signal to down shift. Make sure you have the correct amount of transmission fluid also. There are hills, and there are HILLS. Depending on the road slope angle and the load your hauling, you may be maxed out with your power. I've driven small 4 banger P/Ups, big V-8 ones, small motor cars, and Big engine sports cars up a similar hill. Big difference in all of them. The diesel Toyota struggled as did the small Ford pick up. The F-150 V-8 no issues, the Bonneville and Corvette, no sweat. Your Blazer may be stressed, but I'd have the engine module checked anyway. Ask if there is anything you can do to increase the pulling power.