I have a 94 mighty max truck 4wd. I haven't used it in a week and it won't turn over. I have power to the vehicle but it wont turn over? Is that the starter/alternator and how difficult is to change?

Asked by Jul 13, 2013 at 11:36 AM about the 1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max Pickup 2 Dr STD 4WD Standard Cab SB

Remove the battery and have it tested. Just because the lights or radio come on doesn't mean that there's 150+ Amps available to crank a cold motor. Alternator won't cause a no-start unless there's an internal failure that drains the battery down. A starter won't fail just because it sat for a week.

Thank you for the reply, battery is fine and it still won't turn over.

you mean it wont crank or it wont fire ? if it wont turn over could just have a bad ignition or bad relay some where, I it will turn over but not fire then we have to start looking somewhere else

My 94 mighty max idles well ,but has no pulling power. Have changed injectors.