So 91 2.4 liter cuts off going down road, ive checked eveverything fuel related down to the wires fuses relay and ecu. Still won't start

10

Asked by Apr 06, 2014 at 07:56 PM about the 1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max Pickup 2 Dr STD Standard Cab SB

6,535

what do you mean cuts off going down road,, you mean you can get it started but once you start driving it, that it dies on you ?

10

I didn't have enough room to explain in question. So, yes, I'm driving down the road, the motor just stops running and won't start again. I've checked my fuel pump, I've checked my engine control relay, checked for fuel pressure right before the motor. New plugs wires cap and rotor and made sure coil is throwing a spark. New oil pressure sensor etc. Now, I did run a jumper wire from the battery to the fuel pump contact in the engine control relay and it's started twice. But the other 100 times it won't. The last time it started, as soon as I gave it about half throttle it shut off. Hasn't started again, I'm thinking ecu, but I wasn't able to test it, and I don't want to spend 300$ and it not be the problem. Any ideas?

6,535

if you mean that you hot wired your fuel pump by passing the relay then that's where your problem is ,, is the relay

10

Well I bought a brand new relay and still will not start