90 mighty max 2.4lit over heats

10

Asked by Jan 31, 2014 at 07:07 PM about the 1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max Pickup 2 Dr STD Standard Cab SB

I checked compression with a tester and it
read, "ok." Where should I check now?

116,425

I would start with looking at coolant level, good radiator cap, any signs of coolant leaking from around water pump (if signs of it leaking out weep hole replace it it's going bad)and thermostat.(check it for corrosion and proper operation in a pot of boiling water)

10

Thank you for your response. I found that my catalytic converter was red hot. What is a good way for me to clear out what is clogging it up

6,295

buy a new one there's no way to unclog them,, just take the old one to the salvage yard and get 50-100 bucks for it, that way it helps to pay for the new one, you car must sound and run like poo,, ?

10

Doesn't sound like a little truck any more....that's for sure.

116,425

As Daniel stated replace it with a new one.

10

Right. Thanks yall.