1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max bogs down when I try and accelerate too fast.

10

Asked by Aug 27, 2013 at 04:46 PM about the 1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max Pickup 2 Dr STD Standard Cab SB

I have a 1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max, 2WD, 5spd manual transmission, 2.4ltr engine.  
It does have to be cranked a few times in the morning to get it started but after that it
starts up just fine.  The problem that I am having is if I give it to much gas at once it
bogs way down like it wants to die.  If I am very gentle when accelerating then it tends
to go just fine.  I put a new fuel pump and filter on about 4 months ago as well as a
new distributor cap, spark plugs and spark plug wires at the same time.  I just
checked all of my vacuum hoses and they seem fine.  That being said I was wondering
if anyone may have some ideas for what could be causing the problem.  I am debating
putting new vacuum hoses and clamps on anyway just in case the problem is not a
hole in the line but with it sealing properly where they connect I just wanted to see if
someone may have a better or alternate thing(s) to check.

6,265

any check engine lights ?

10

Sorry I that completely slipped my mind when I posted this. The check engine light will flicker occasionally but does not stay on constantly. I have to be honest though, the guy I got this truck from did some... 'creative' wiring work that I straightened out a few months ago so it could be some left over issues from that (regarding the engine light). I do occasionally have other electrical issues but nothing serious or that makes the truck illegal or unsafe to drive.

6,265

well just go get it scanned anyways,,, see what that tells ya then let me know what ya find out and go from there ,,, advace auto or auto zone or any where like that should do it for ya no problem

3,725

also, check the timing