std/Max Payload

Asked by Dec 13, 2010 at 02:57 PM about the 1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max Pickup 2 Dr STD Standard Cab SB

The GAWR for the rear axle says 2450 lbs. Can the truck really hold 1ton in the back of the truck

20

i had over 50 sandbags loaded in mine at 50 lbs each. it steered a little funny but it handled the weight ok.

20

Yes, I used mine to haul 3/4 ton of dirt with about 500lbs of wood in the bed of the mighty max and it didn't sem to affect anything on it except the steering, which got extremely more responsive and sensitive.

I'm going to load a pallet of St. Augustine grass sod weighing in at 2000 lb. Mine's a '93, 5 speed. Thanks for relaying your experience. I'll only post again should a problem arise. After what I'm hearing, my manual steering will feel more like power steering. Thanks, RB.

Haven't done it yet ,but I am Going to try an tow a 35 ' x 8' citation Destination trailer.it weighs like 7600 lbs. the Hitch weight is 1200 lbs. I'll modify n reinforce My already Upgraded rear Bumper. Adjust emergency Brake/Rear Brakes I have up graded front Rotors[the Holes in them] Probably be O'TAY. update in a week. Oh its an '88 Mitt-Mighty Max 2.0 l.t Weber redline Carb No pollution control 5 Speed Steel Craiger's n Cooper Cobras for traction Lol