06 Endeavor makes loud noise the more i accelerate.

10

Asked by May 26, 2015 at 08:59 PM about the 2006 Mitsubishi Endeavor LS

2006 endeavor, 170k miles no major issues. Began having uneven tire wear about a year ago when the noise began. My mechanic recommended I do the struts since I never have and that was the cause of the uneven tire wear. As the tires got worse, the noise became louder. Finally did all 4 struts, got 4 brand new Yokohama tires, damn noise is still there. While accelerating, the noise gets really loud and almost the second I remove my foot off the gas its lessens and of course stops once I stop. I want to ay I feel almost like a constant vibration while driving although the truck drives smoothly, getting to 80 or 90 with no problem. I think its the bearings but not sure at this point. Anyone have some advice, I really don't want to go to the dealer for this. Thanks,

30

if it's a humming noise you hear more than likely it's your front or rear wheel bearings. I have a 2004 and had the same issue. Get checked out asap....wheel bearings are not anything to sleep on.

Best Answer Mark helpful
115

I agree! I have a 2004 that did the same thing. It changed from humming to a low roar. I took it to the Mitsubishi dealership and told them about the noise. They couldn't find it. Finally I asked them to check the rear bearing on one side I thought I heard the noise from and sure enough that was it. As a suggestion replace both sides of the axle at the same time. If you are having problems on one axle it is pretty much a guarantee all the bearings will need replaced. Good luck.

10

Thanks fellas, took it back to my mechanic this weekend and he was able to figure out its the rear driver side bearing. Will be changing it this weekend, Hopefully that is it, im really picky with my cars any little noise drives me crazy and this ain't no little noise..

2005 Mitsubishi endeavor sounds like a roaring noise coming from the rear end of the right side

I have similar problem with my 2006 endeavor, but when i drive 80-90 up the hill on highway , you can hear something like it striking noisy. When I release the gas pedal it gets even wars for sort time and when the speed goes down or gets flat cars drive as new without any strange sounds. Its look like when rear end drive is under load gets some loos or vibration I don’t know ow to explain it. Car has only 20000 on it and I found it out after first year of use during pulling trailer with car on it. Does anyone have some idea where where and what to look for? Thanks for any suggestion and help

endeavor 2006 tiene unos jaloneos cuandose prende y cuando corre de pues ue calienta nolo hace se l,e an cmbiad sensores