when I spray starting fluid the car revs all the way even if im not on the pedal

20

Asked by Jun 29, 2015 at 02:06 PM about the 2000 Volvo S70 GLT SE Turbo

17,600

Any special reason you are spraying starting fluid in a vehicle that is already running ?

148,425

Now THAT is a good question firebird338. Like to know that myself. Or if you mean that's the only way it starts, that that's the way ether works. You have no control over how much is getting in to intake

17,600

I agree with you FordNut unless that is the only way it will stay running. Now I have used starting fluid to spray around the base and surrounding areas around the throttle body or carburetor to check for a vacuum leak.

17,600

Maybe you ment to say throttle body cleaner.

148,425

I use an unlit propane torch. Move it around and you will find a vacuum leak, if any.

20

I only ask because in all my cars if they ever ran out of gas I would just pour some gas right onto the air filter and thats usually enough to get the car going until gas gets though the system, but while doing this I still have control via gas pedal. But with this car there is no control it just revs wide open otherwise the car wont start at all it seems to me my injecters are not firing at all thinking of following the wires back to the emc and check for any breaks in the line.

20

Im a heavy equipment mechanic bought this car for 450 bucks it didnt run when I got it but I figured what the hey lets see what it can do been working on it for two weeks when I have some free time but thats where im at with it.