The Automatic transmission stick broke and a small piece fell into the fluid. It cannot be removed. Would this cause any problem?

Asked by Feb 04, 2012 at 06:32 PM about the 2000 Volvo S70 Sedan

10

Most automatic transmissions they have a screen/filter in the bottom of the trans and you can reach it by removing the trans oil pan. Also most oil pans has a magnet which will keep metal particles pieces stuck to the pan. when you take your car in for trans maintenance {transmission filter and oil change} they can remove it and clean the pan. remember if you maintain the trans fluid every 40 k miles then you can replace the fluid with fresh fluid if you have not done any maintenece on the filter and fluid for long time you may need to reuse same fluid. otherwise you might damage the internal seals and the trans will start slipping. sam waizani

90

I have a 2000 Volvo s70 non turbo I had my car 6yrs and never drain or change transmission oil. Now there is at times sluggishness when I take off from traffic light, but when the car moves no problems. Now its to the point where I can't put it in reverse at times. Does this car have filter or do I need to replace it or clean the old one. Thanks Hank