My fflashing arrow came on today. I am the sole owner of a 1999 S70 automatic with 108,000 miles. I had a new radiator put in this past Friday, could that attribute to problem?

Asked by Apr 10, 2017 at 08:40 PM about the 1999 Volvo S70 Sedan

1,705

The flashing up arrow light is due to a transmission fault. I recommend going to the Volvo dealer or a local independent Volvo shop who has a scanner capable of reading Volvo-specific error codes so they can diagnose the problem. The radiator wouldn't be an issue unless somehow the shop who put in the radiator connected the transmission cooler lines incorrectly or didn't connect them at all, and the transmission fluid leaked out. Have you noticed any leaks under your car? Also, has the car been shifting weird or not at all?

I towed to Dealer, they say transmission is gone. I had no previous problems with car shifting gears. I didn't notice any leaks, but to be honest I probably would not have. I live in apartment complex and hadn't driven since I rode home from repair Saturday. Drove to work within just minutes from home arrow came on. Total over 25 miles

1,705

Hmmm... I find it hard to believe the transmission is done just like that. Did they say if there were any errors in particular that they found? The transmission in the 1999 model is a pretty tough one, and it doesn't usually go out just like that without giving some warning, like slipping gears or not being able to engage them at all. If you are able, try rowing the gear shifter quickly up and down through the gears 15-20 times and see if the light goes out. That would indicate a bad PNP switch.

Best Answer Mark helpful