1999 Volvo S70

Asked by Jun 13, 2011 at 02:32 PM about the 1999 Volvo S70 Sedan

Hello everybody! I hope someone will be able to help me with this issue I seem to be having with my Volvo. I was running low on gas on day and on my way to fill up, my car died. It would stutter and start and then almost immediately die on me. I was able to get it running enough to get it into a parking space. It then died on me again. I thought I was too low on gas and it just wasn't going to run until I got some more gas in it. I got some gas in a gas can and then put it in. It seemed to be fine so I pulled out to go fill up completely. Not more than 5 minutes later, it died on me again. It did the same thing, it would start and then almost immediately stutter and die. My father thought I had gotten an air pocket in the fuel line somewhere. We once again managed to get it running and it seemed that the "air pocket" had worked its way out....not. Shortly after filling up completely, it died again. This has been a recurring problem for about a week and a half. My fiance and my father had replaced a fuel filter, cleaned out vacuum lines, replaced one vacuum line that was dry rotted and warped. But nothing seems to be working. They even replaced my gas cap because the seal was bad. What else could be wrong with it? They're thinking the charcoal canister or even the ECM. What do you think? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

35

I had this same problem with my s70. It should be the air flow sensor. You need to replace it or at least check it out.

20

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM TOO....ITS THE PUMP...U NEED TO CHANGE THE CAR PUMP

What a car pump

10

MY CAR WAS DOING THE SAME IT TOOK THEM FOUR MONTHS TO REALIZE IT WAS THE ETS AND I DID A TROUBLE SHOOT ON IT AND THERE IT WAS A RECALL ON ETS ETM ON 1999 AND OTHER CARS AS WELL VISIST VOLVO WEBSITE AND NHTSA WEBSITE I DONT KNOW IF YOU ARE STILL ABLE TO DRIVE IT OR NOT IF SO BE CAREFUL