Fuel pump

Asked by May 04, 2017 at 03:08 PM about the 1998 Chevrolet Tracker 2 Dr STD 4WD Convertible

How hard is it to replace the fuel pump
and wiring?

The fuel pump is mounted in the fuel tank, which must be removed to service the fuel pump. Remove the fuel tank from the vehicle. Loosen the fuel pump retaining bolts, then lift the fuel pump up and out of the fuel tank. Remove and discard the old fuel pump gasket. Click image to see an enlarged view Fig. Fig. 1: To remove the electric fuel pump, the fuel tank must be lowered from the underside of the vehicle

Best Answer Mark helpful

I looked undrneath and the wire that turns on and off the fuel pump is broke. I think.. I don't think I need a fuel pump actually.Do you have any diagrams with this fix? Is it hard to get to? ThanK You!! Vonnie