Spark plugs stuck

20

Asked by Apr 23, 2017 at 01:04 PM about the 1998 Chevrolet Tracker 2-Door Soft Top 4WD

Spark plugs are stuck in the head,spark
plug wires are shot, but I got all the
pieces of the spark plug wires out but I
can't get the spark plugs out with a
5/8.I've never done this so don't
critisize me. Building my own big four
Wheeler, lol. Please help.  ThanXs.

87,435

You just put the 5/8 spark plug socket with an extension, then with a ratchet you bust them loose by turning counter clock wise. Make sure there is no debree down in that hole, you do not want it going into the cylinder.

20

I had a similar incident with the Ford F1 50 took me eight hours and like 20 tries to figure it out With a heated toilet you need to heat up the spark plug nickel and was the ranch on the spark plug is extended work like a metal pipe and just pull like he'll

121,475

On stuck spark plugs I have always put some diesel down the hole and let it sit overnight, next morning they came out a lot easier.

81,515

After using the above suggestions to break the plugs loose, gently and slowly, begin removing them. If you start feeling resistance, like the plug is getting tight again, go back the other direction about 1 turn of the ratchet. Then reverse again and continue removing the plug. This will help prevent stripping the threads on the head. Do this as many times as needed until you get the plug out. HTH. - Jim

Best Answer Mark helpful
20

I'm on my second one now. Spark plug wire was/and is.. Broken up and not letting me connect to the spark plug to wrench it out, or whatever. I got one out without getting anything in the head. I don't think it's the spark plugs,the wires all jacked up. Lol. Thanks all. I'll be back lol

121,475

Long nose needle nose pliers is what I use to get the crud out of the plug holes including the busted up stuff and compressed air.