Why does my Volvo keep dying? :(

Nikki Trivette

Asked by Jun 21, 2015 at 10:37 AM about the 1994 Volvo 960 Level II Wagon

My 1994 Volvo 960 (24 Valve-Turbo) started idling really high & acting like it wanted to jump out in traffic w/my foot firmly on the brake. Then it died on me. I replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter and fuel line (because it had a small crack in it) The mechanic also got a small amount of trash out of the gas tank when he pulled it. It ran long enough for me to take the mechanic home, then died again in his front yard. He then went over it with a fine tooth wrench, and noticed that I wasn't gettin' any fuel to the injectors. PLENTY to the rail, but NONE to the injectors. He tinkered around w/it some more, and got it to run again, but it may make it to my destination, or it may not. (Mostly NOT!) It'll crank, but when it shuts off, it won't crank again for several hours. Tried carb cleaner & fuel inj. cleaner in it, but it dit'n do a thing. I'm a single mom & not mechanically inclined w/cars whatsoever. I need a diagnosis! PLEASE HELP!!

Check the fuel relay,if this is not the issue,i think you may have a bad ECM.

Nikki Trivette

Already checked the relay...what's an ECM?