ABS, SRS and possible exhaust smoke in warm weaher

Asked by May 27, 2012 at 10:09 PM about the 1997 Volvo 850 GLT Turbo

ABS I was told does not work?? Does not give a light indicating this in the dash.. Man said the computer
was out?  Is that a reason for it to not work? How much to fix it?  Does have a constant SRS indicator
light on in dash?? What type of issues could that be and $$to fox it?  Thought I saw smoke  two
different times at idle to engaging forward motion on an automatic. How do I tell if its legite and or
serious?  Would a compression check indicate a probelm?

135

I'd suggest a trip to your local Volvo expert, both to give your car a once over and to understand more about it. On my car, ABS just works and doesn't make itself known when it's working, other than a stutter in the brake pedal when I have to step really fast. That's the ABS kicking in. When the active traction control kicks in, a tiny light on the dashboard appears (Looks like a tipping car. I see this when I take a corner a little faster than the car likes. I have a 2001 V70 which is capable of being driven hard.

1,735

the abs would show light indication because if its ecu is not working the main ecu will light the dash broad indicator upfor smoke problem go here http://deadlimit.blogspot.com/2012/05/smoke-problems-and-solution.html