Electrical problem

Asked by Jun 30, 2009 at 06:36 PM about the 1996 Volvo 850 Turbo

Hi, My 850 wont start after I replaced the engine. I test the plug wires and not getting and current there. I replaced the coil, the cam sensor and the rotor brush and still have the problem. Help please.

35

Did you also check the crank position sensor? Its on the top of the bellhousing and a pig to get to! Failing that the other major culprit in T5's not firing is the main ignition relay. It's the gray relay under the fan cowling at the front. Check that and the wiring to it. Without that operating correctly the car will crank all day...but no spark. If your stuck message me or post here and I'll put up a pic somewhere showing how to loop out the main relay to aid fault finding. Good luck!!