Asked by Dec 04, 2013 at 04:32 AM about the 1995 Volvo 850 GLT

Can the Valve Stem Seals cause the smoking and what about the hydrolic lifters. How do I fix this?

SO the smoke is coming out the exhaust? Blue? Then your burning oil. It could be valve stem seals or rings. To replace them, you will be taking the top end of the engine off to get to them. Without any working knowledge of engine rebuilding, this is best left to the pros. as you need special tools and equipment. If you really want to try it, do some research online and or buy a service manual.

Best Answer Mark helpful

The smoke comes out of the exhaust. I may be colour blind but the smoke is greyish. True, oil consumption is just unsual

Thanks I will take it to the pros