ok I have a 1994 Volvo 850 Turbo, I'm experiencing random stalling while driving the car?

65

Asked by Nov 09, 2011 at 03:13 PM about the 1994 Volvo 850 Turbo

So the car will start fine and drive fine. Then at Random points while driving the engine just cuts off and all the warning lights come on, but then it turns back on within 1-2 mins.

Parts replaced: Camshaft position sensor, tried to isolate a vapor lock, replaced and electrical component to the ignition.

My mechanic suggests: possible fuel pump relay or mass air flow sensor.

I'm lost and already 800 in the hole for repairing the stalling.

Thank you

30

This is an electronic relay and will cost you a couple of hundred to find the right one and have it replaced but that will be the end of the problem. Take it to any garage that has electronic diagnostics and they can tell you which relays are the problem.

20

My 94 850 did the same thing. It was a bad thermostat in the air flow box. New thermostat is about $75. Google it for detailed instructions in how to find and replace the thermostat with a new one or completely remove the thermostat and permanently fix the air flow tubes in the open position.