I Have a Volvo 850 Sedan 1994 it has been running great until I brought it down the west coast to LA it has been acting up. It drives fine, but occasionally when I come to slow down or stop the engine turns off...I put my car in park and the engine will turn on no problem. Is it a Sensor? or the Fuel Pump? Anybody have any suggestions?

Asked by Oct 03, 2014 at 02:45 PM about the 1994 Volvo 850 GLT

200

Check if you have fuel pressure to the engine, check plug to speedsensor-camshaft pos. sensor and throttle pos. sensor, perhaps one sensor is u/s

64,465

Agree with ulf,but maybe first check the fuel filter,may be stopped up.

30

If you aren't getting any engine codes, ie for the MAF, It could be the idle air control valve. Pretty easy to remove it and clean it. Lots of sites on the internet with step by step instructions. Google it to find them.I had the same symptoms with my 94 850 and that solved the problem. It could also be the fuel pump relay fuse. Another easy fix. New fuse costs about $50. Garages will try to tell you it's the fuel pump when it's just the relay fuse.

200

Try repl. camshaft sensor.