I have a 1990 740gl volvo an My brakes have no pressure when I push the brake pedal.

10

Asked by Oct 16, 2014 at 05:17 PM about the 1990 Volvo 740 GL

I changed out the brake booster and
master sylinder. I even bled the
brakes an still no pressure. Has
anyone ever had this problem?

66,705

Could be bad brake line hose,s,they collapes, from the inside,or brake line,s stopped up,you should have a good spray of fluid,at each brake caliper,if not check the line,s.

Best Answer
10

There was a good amount of fluid coming out when I bled the line's. An The fluid was dirty. Would that have anything to do with it? An I didn't see a bleeder for. The front so I released where the line was. Is that OK or not just asking an thanks for answering.

66,705

You will have to bleed each one to get brake,s to work proper,dirty fluid will not hurt,that bad,you are going to have to bleed at each caliper,let me know the one you cant find,back or front,and i will find you the location of it.

66,705

Give me a few minute,s ile show you where the front bleeder is.

66,705

You have to have someone pump,the brake pedal,at least three time,s and hold it down,then brake both of the fitting,s loose,and let fluid bleed out.do the twice on each caliper,front and back,make sure fluid is full when you start it,and check it after you do each one,here is a photo,there are two bleeder,s on each one,do both of them at same time.They are circled in the green,click to up size pic.

10

That's awesome thank you for the picture that helps. An one more dumb question does the car have to be off when I bleed the lines because it was when I did it the first time??

66,705

It doe,s not need to be running.

10

OK got it. Thank you for the help.