MINI KEY replacement...who can machine one for me?

4,745

Asked by Apr 19, 2016 at 04:55 PM about the 2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback

have a scan of the key and the numbers out of the book...would someone
point me to a source that can make me a replacement key? mine was
laundered and does not work today~

4,745

rear

4,745

numbers

4,745

all the info is here....the video shows the man clampin' a blank and machining with his drill...this will not work for me~ someone point me in the right direction to get one made...all the info is here~

570

Contact a dealership that sells those mini coopers an they will Point you to the Right direction. Dealership will be your best bet.

4,745

too far...easier to get a milling machine and craft my own...chip info? the dealer wants to hold my car for a day and produce the title, insurance and proof of ownership just to get a damned key~ SO no 89yota that won't work for me~

216,595

Bob, did you call a few locksmiths in your locale? They might be able to cut a key for you.

570

Bob, I had a 97 mustang cobra that had the chip in the key! I called every locksmith in the phone book. The answer I got from all of them was. You gotta buy those from the dealer if not. The key you get made will not start my vehicle. So I had to go to the ford dealer ship an have them make me a new key because the one I had the chip went bad in it an wouldn't start my car! Good luck.

Best Answer
4,745

...well Tom, when I first got the car there was ONE key...and no valet's key...functions are top open center lock...do okay going "commando" but really don't like having to go to the car to lock...worked for a while (remote lockin') and now is DEAD...problem is there are plenty of blanks, but the "brain" of the remote needs to be programmed to the car~ around here there are no MINI dealerships used to be Smother's brothers...not they stopped dealing with mini's...2 1/2 hour drive to Berkeley to see Mike at Berkeley MOtor works....last time Mike made the car PERFECT...but up here in unicorporated Clearlake Park....we don't even have pavement~ so dust of the slain pomo cover my car in a few minutes...will go commando until I make it down there~