How much trouble is it to replace a broken passenger side mirror on a MINI 2006? Got the mirror, just not the courage-

Asked by Jan 30, 2013 at 09:14 PM about the 2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback

A Blue high-boy recycling bin was placed in my path as I swerved to avoid a four inch deep pothole.  The plastic shattered, the mirror spider cracked, but have to put it right.  Clearlake is starting to leave it's mark on this beautiful machine.

Does the panel just 'pop' out?, will it pop back in too? what's on the other side? Is there plastic that will be forever altered by this repair? What are the chances that I'll lose something? Sould I just take it to Bob Kraft or Gene at tire pros?? I've got MS and should not be messin' around with this, tho if it's gravy (the undershield was not) could and should take a whack at it.

Could just forget it. drive around with the replacement in the back seat in shame~

The door panels are held on with clips and screws. Roll down the window. Find the screws and remove them. Look behind reflectors, door handles, remove door switch panels, etc. There's usually two or three screws. When the screws are out, feel along the bottom edge of the door panel for a indentation. Pull on it to pull the fuzzy christmas tree pins out of the holes. Work your way around the door panel and when the panel swings free, lift it off the attachment at the top. --- Carefully remove the white fabric like material that's covering the inner door. You can turn down the top edge to get to the bolts holding the mirror. Be careful with it, it's going back on and keeps moisture out. -- Disconnect any wires to the mirror. Get your ratchet and probably a 10mm socket and remove the mirror nuts. --- Install in reverse order.

Best Answer Mark helpful

...thanks tenspeed....we're not worthy (bows) we're not worthy :) probably have those stapping lads at TIRE PROS, Clearlake. Gene there has been in the business his whole life. They put chrome cappers on my wheels for free! I've bought at least three sets of tires between our vehicles. His staff is well organized.. and very impressive.

I'll lose the bolts on my gravel driveway, start going mad, and have a negative CHI experience. I"ll PAY a guy to not have to do this. got multiple sclerosis and am losing my eyesight. Claudia bought the MINI so I wouldn't HAVE to work on cars anymore.,,,,you're stressin' me out man....

Thought it might be easy, but fat chance, bubba. It's like everything with this MINI from having to use ETHYL gas to not being able to find the rear windshield wiper at the local NAPA store- great car tho- has a power steering howl that reduces slightly with use and oscillations with the drivetrain or rear suspension. some noise is to be expected but wawrwawerwarw. turn up the radio so you won't notice it.