I have a 2006 hyundia tiburon that randomly won't start

Asked by Jan 23, 2014 at 11:00 AM about the 2006 Hyundai Tiburon GS

I No problems before this issue! This all started when the only keyless remote I had
broke and had to be replaced. I got 2 new remotes and had them programmed at the
dealership. Several weeks later it wouldn't start again so I got a new battery and new
connections . Then a couple weeks later ....the same problem! The last time it happened
I tried to start it almost every day for 6 weeks . Then all of the sudden it started....now the
dealership has it ! But of coarse it's started fine so far.... Please help to help them find the

Its probably the solenoid - I have a 2004 Tiburon and it started off like yours and it has gotten WORSE (i have to work hard to get it to start now). I brought it in and I have a bad Solenoid (not too expensive to fix if you do it yourself but can be pricey if you have someone else do it).

Wynand Beer

I would recommend checking the engine crank censor. It sits right behind the radiator to the bottom of the engine, and if it's dirty the car would not start. It basically tells the ECU that the crank is not turning and because of that the engine won't start. It should be replaced every 100 000 km and should be done by the agents if they service it. But also check the starter motor. Could just be the solenoid that needs replacement

It's your grounding. Add some new grounds. This fixed my problem.

Jason Kelly

Where is the grounding?