performance

35

Asked by Jun 06, 2008 at 10:09 AM about the 2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V

I owe a solar yellow 2006 spec v, the claimed 0-60 time is 7.5 seconds. I keep up on automotive things and own alot of car books motor trend, car and driver etc. the civic si is said do 0-60 in 6.5 seconds...Ive raced a few si's, and blew there doors off the line and then some...and i know off the line unless its a turbo 4, the torque of this 4cyl is incredible! So why if I or anyone for that matter beat a car faster to 60 then why do they say it is slower? Driver or car?

14,675

I think there's alot to be said about the driver of any vehicle! Some people aren't interested in pushing their cars to the maximum. Some aren't as hungry to win. Some people still need their daily driver and can't risk blowing the engine or frying the turbo. While others will do whatever it takes to cross the line first! In my mind, the driver holds the key to any race. He/She is capable of finding the vehicles weaknesses and figuring out ways to improve. With that said, not all vehicles are created equal. What I mean is, not all 2006 Spec-Vs run a 0-60 time of 7.5 seconds. Additionally, (and this is not to put down any vehicle) the manufacturer specs for any vehicle are meant as a "recommendation" or suggested outcome. Not all vehicles reach the recommended mpg in city/highway driving and not all Civic SIs run a 0-60 time of 6.5 seconds. If I were you I would maintain your vehicle like it was made of gold and treat it with respect. Yours may, in fact, have been the cream of the 2006 Honda crop!

25

I own a 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R spec V. I have hot shot headers and exhause, and AEM intake. The torque of the QR25DE is quite impressive. Is your car stock? If you read up the Spec V. you'll find that its performance varied in the engine drastically from car to car. Sport Compact magazine took 5 brand new cars and dynoed them and they all dynoed drastically different. Depending on what car editored you read they took different readings of 0 - 60. I have heard of the spec v running 7.0. flat. Also the spec v would be a much easier car to drag for an amateur than an Si. It has low revs and high torque so just keep your gas on the throttle and its much more forgiving for slow shifts than an Si. which requires high revs for any sort of power. I would say car and driver matter in your drags. Your car is easier to drag.

45

The new Civic Si's with the iVTEC are supposed to be a little faster than the B15 Spec-V, not the old SI's. I've beaten cars on the track that I should have never beaten. A lot of it has to do with the driver. Another thing is that according to the internet, car times and power are usually off because their numbers come from peak conditions and professional drivers. Supposedly the B15 runs like 15.3 in the 1/4mile stock, but I can barely beat that with lots of mods.

55

trade your car for an 01-02 se-r with an SR20. the nissan brick shithouse motor. it handles boost well and you can pick up an entire setup for cheap. only downfall is the loss of the 6speed tranny. if youre serious about your QR build, follow Mike Kojima's blog at www.nittotire.com/blog.asp

135

It is actually a 2000-2001 SE which is equipped with the SR20DE although its the rr head and the 8cw crank hardly a brick shit house compared to the DE's of the past

35

My car is mostly stock...it has greddy air diffuser,modified stock air box with aem mid-pipe(short ram into stock intake),k&n filter,nismo oil filler cap,and radiator cap, thats it. The questio that iI had was they have claims from 6.7 to as much as 8 seconds to 60. Ive owed 2 hondas being an accord with an h22 swap,and a 95 civic coupe with a B16b type-r swap, so I know how to drag both cars,I just think that there not giving enough credit to the spec-v cause its not a popular icon like honda and acura, but I have beaten a NEW 07 si, and a 04 rsx type-s with the mods i have and dont understand why the 0-60 times are being posted so slow...but anyways thanks for the reply tell me what you thing

i owned a XR4Ti ford 4/with turbo, 5 speed : did 0-60 in 5.7 seconds and that was in stock form. then i spun, a main bearing; whoops, back to nissan..........................after 5 million dollars!!!!!!!!!! Whew! thankgod that's over.