My 98 Chevy Malibu has just had the starter replaced, altinator replaced as well as the spark plugs and battery

Asked by Aug 12, 2015 at 09:12 PM about the 1998 Chevrolet Malibu LS

One person told me it was the fuel pump the next said it wasn't. What part do I need to
replace to fix this issue asap

69,695

You said what you have done, what is the car doing or not doing?

change the fuel pump car needs three spark,air,fuel.you got two of the three change the pump!

The car is putting when in idle sometimes and I have starting issues that always results in the anti theft turning on and not allowing me to start it until the anti theft stops flashing

69,695

Possibility something to do with fuel, but not necessary the fuel pump. You say anti theft turning on, what that does is disable the fuel system so it will not start, or give you grief. I just read something on this and there are things that go bad to cause this to go into the anti theft mode. It will give you a false fuel pump pressure reading if you check it. I just can't remember what. I will investigate further, see if I can't find what I was reading. In the mean time something to check out, maybe some one here can add to this subject.