When I hit "hard acceleration" to pass another auto, my car sputters and cuts out. I have changed everything and had it at the chevy dealer with no results. What could be causing the problem?

25

Asked by Jan 25, 2008 at 10:11 AM about the 1998 Chevrolet Malibu LS

I have had the plugs, coils, plug wires and filters changed. The chevy dealer put a new harness that goes down the back of the engine, in front of the firewall. I had the catalytic converter checked out and nothing seems to help. I have had it hooked up to the computer analysis machine and it shows good. It still misses and cuts out when I hard accelerate.

14,055

This could have something to do with fuel pressure or fuel delivery issues. Replace your fuel filters, fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator (if used). Also drop a bottle of good fuel injector cleaner into your fuel tank. If problem still pursists, I would have your fuel injectors checked out and professionally cleaned. This could also be timing problem. You may look into changing the timing belt/chain as your vehicle is already 10 years old. A worn out timing belt can cause very strange results. A stretched timing chain can do the same. Good luck!