a little more than 24 hours ago, i jad my ABS worked on, and had my master cylinder replaced at a shop. 3 hours ago i had to slam on the breaks, and now a low trac light comes on and my break pedal vibrates kinda. anything to worry about or take it back to who worked on it??

20

Asked by Aug 20, 2014 at 10:05 PM about the 1998 Chevrolet Lumina 4 Dr LS Sedan

a little more than 24 hours ago, i had my ABS worked on, and had my master cylinder
replaced at a shop. 3 hours ago i had to slam on the breaks, and now a low trac light
comes on and my break pedal vibrates kinda. anything to worry about or take it back to
who worked on it??

60,745

I'd take it back. The ABS and traction control systems work together and are tied into each other. One panic stop shouldn't upset the apple cart. When the computer detects a problem in the ABS both systems are disabled until it's fixed. HTH. -Jim

20

they also told me i had one break i need to replace soon cuz its almost metal to metal. could that be the other possible reason as to why its doing what it is doing now?

32,315

Yes it is. Do both sides of the axel and investigate why one side is almost metal to metal and fix that to

20

the one side is almost metal to metal because with the problem i was having with my ABS it was reading that 3 out of 4 breaks werent working cuz the master cylinder was bad so the one break that needs to be changed was the only one that was working. the light dont come on all the time just once in awhile. i dont break hard so i dont know what the hell is going on. this is why i dont like chevys.

60,745

Sounds like you have one front caliper that's not working and your rear shoes are out of adjustment. HTH. - Jim

32,315

If you're going to do the work yourself and want to save money Google Advanced Auto Parts coupons and order the parts you need on line. You can pay wit a C.C. ,PayPal, or a debit card. When I was in the USA I saved up 40 pepercent.